Texas Tattoo Emporium
Located in Houston, TX, the Texas Tattoo Emporium is a unique destination for photography enthusiasts. The shop is situated in the vibrant neighborhood of Montrose, known for its eclectic mix of shops, cafes, and galleries. The area's colorful street art, murals, and graffiti make for an inspiring backdrop for photographs, and the Texas Tattoo Emporium fits right in. The shop's exterior, decorated with vivid murals and neon signage, is a popular subject for street photography. Once inside the shop, photographers can capture the skilled artists at work, immortalizing the creation of intricate, permanent art on the skin. The Texas Tattoo Emporium is a unique and interesting location for capturing the artistry and vibrant energy of Houston.
What to Photograph
If you're a photography enthusiast, then the Texas Tattoo Emporium located at 1540 Westheimer Rd in Houston, TX is definitely worth checking out. This unique tattoo shop has a plethora of interesting subjects to capture through your camera lens. The shop's interior is filled with vibrant colors, intricate designs, and fascinating artwork on display from both in-house and guest tattoo artists. Additionally, the shop has a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere that makes it easy to capture stunning candid shots of customers and artists alike. So whether you're looking to snap some cool portraits, capture some impressive tattoo artistry, or simply document the shop's distinct ambiance, the Texas Tattoo Emporium is sure to provide you with plenty of inspiration for your next photo shoot.
The Texas Tattoo Emporium is located in Houston, Texas and has been in operation for over 20 years. The building itself is a historic one, with a rich history that dates back to the early 1900s. Originally serving as a general store, it has also been a grocery store and a restaurant before becoming a tattoo parlor. Over the years, the building has undergone several renovations, yet its original charm still shines through its vintage brick exterior.
As a photographer interested in capturing the essence of the Texas Tattoo Emporium, there are plenty of interesting tips and secrets that can help you get the perfect shot. One unique feature of this location is the artwork displayed all over the walls. From traditional tattoos to contemporary designs, there are endless opportunities to capture the colorful designs on film. Additionally, there is a hidden courtyard that has been transformed into a stunning garden filled with beautiful flowers and foliage. This space makes for a great backdrop or framing element in your photographs. Finally, try experimenting with angles and perspectives as the building has several unique details, such as its vintage windows, which can be photographed from different vantage points.
Nearby Festivals and Events
As a thriving metropolis, Houston is not only a hub for incredible tattoo art at Texas Tattoo Emporium, but is also home to a variety of annual events and festivals that are perfect for photographers looking to capture unique and vibrant scenes. Here is a list of some events that are held annually in or near Houston:
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (March): A 20-day event that showcases the best of Houston's rodeo culture with entertainment, livestock shows, and music concerts.
- Houston Art Car Parade (April): A colorful and creative parade featuring over 250 decorated cars, bikes, skaters, and motorized couches.
- Bayou City Art Festival (October/March): A two-weekend festival that celebrates visual and performing arts, with over 300 artists showcasing their works from paintings and sculptures to jewelry and photography.
- Texas Renaissance Festival (September-November): A themed fair that recreates a 16th-century European village with jousting, minstrels, and a variety of food and drink options.
- Houston Pride Festival and Parade (June): A vibrant week-long event that celebrates the LGBTQ+ community with live music, performances, and a colorful parade.
- International Quilt Festival (November): A four-day event that brings together thousands of quilters from around the world to showcase their art and host classes and lectures.
By attending these events and festivals near Texas Tattoo Emporium, photographers have an opportunity to capture unique and vibrant scenes of Houston's culture and diversity.
HoustonPhotowalks Events Held at this Location
- Photowalk: Westheimer Near Montros
(October 27, 2012)
- Photowalk: Nice, Friendly Stroll Down Westheimer
(October 22, 2011)
- Photowalk: Cautious Stroll Near Westheimer & Shephard …
(October 23, 2010)
Contact1540 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77006
(15.6 mi / 26 mins)
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 1:00 – 8:00 PM
- Wednesday: 1:00 – 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 1:00 – 8:00 PM
- Friday: 2:00 – 10:00 PM
- Saturday: 2:00 – 10:00 PM
- Point of Interest
Season to VisitSome places are best to visit in certain seasons:
- Agora (0.23 miles)
- Rothko Chapel (0.4 miles)
- Dan Flavin Installation at Richmond Hall (0.58 miles)
- Houston International Festival (0.73 miles)
- Numbers (0.84 miles)
- Landmark's River Oaks Theatre (0.91 miles)
- Waugh Street Bridge Bats (0.99 miles)
- The Lighthouse of Houston (1.11 miles)
- Cullen Sculpture Garden (1.18 miles)
- Color Factory Houston (1.29 miles)
- Waugh Drive Bat Colony (1.3 miles)
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum (1.33 miles)
- Mecom Fountain (1.39 miles)
- The Printing Museum (1.44 miles)
- Houston Fire Museum (1.47 miles)
- Rienzi, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (1.48 miles)
- Houston Bicycle Museum (1.5 miles)
- Cockrell Butterfly Center (1.52 miles)
- Houston Museum of Natural Science (1.55 miles)
- Ed Wulfe Grove at Memorial Park (1.57 miles)
- Bethel Church Historic Site (1.62 miles)
- Gigglin' Marlin Dive & Swim (1.63 miles)
- Levy Park (1.63 miles)
- Houston Fire Station 8 (1.66 miles)