Spring Historical Museum
The Spring Historical Museum is located in Spring, Texas at 403 Main St, which is just a 30-40 minute drive from Houston. This small town has a quaint and charming feel, which makes it a perfect backdrop for photography enthusiasts. The museum itself showcases the history of the town, and exhibits are curated to reflect the milestones of the town. Visitors who enjoy photography will appreciate capturing the essence of Spring's local culture and history. The museum's architecture is also something to take note of, featuring a beautiful blend of different styles. The facade of the building is made up of red brick, and has a high-pitched gabled roof, which gives it a classic look that is perfect for capturing with your camera lens.
What to Photograph
The Spring Historical Museum, located in Spring, Texas, is a fascinating place for photography enthusiasts. The museum is housed in an old railroad depot, which adds a unique charm to your photos. The building itself is an excellent subject for photography, with its historic architecture and vintage details. Once you enter the museum, you will find a wide range of exhibits that showcase the town's history, culture, and tradition. These exhibits include artifacts, photographs, and documents that depict life in Spring, Texas, in the early days. You can also photograph the outdoor exhibits, including the vintage train cars and the old-fashioned phone booth. Whether you are interested in landscape, architecture, or portrait photography, the Spring Historical Museum offers an abundance of interesting subjects for you to capture through your lens.
The Spring Historical Museum is a historical landmark located in Spring, Texas. The museum was established in 1984 and is dedicated to preserving the town's history and culture. It is located in a beautifully restored 19th-century building, which was once a mercantile store that served the local population. The museum boasts an impressive collection of artifacts, photographs, and documents that offer a glimpse into Spring's rich heritage. The exhibits at the museum cover various aspects of the town's history, including the early settlements, the growth of the railroad, and the oil boom.
For photographers looking to capture the essence of Spring's rich history, the Spring Historical Museum offers many interesting hints and tips. For instance, the museum's extensive collection of antique vehicles is a must-see. Photographers should also visit the museum's main gallery, which features rotating exhibits of art and artifacts from different periods in Spring's history. Additionally, the museum's gift shop offers many unique souvenirs and gifts, including books, jewelry, and other items that capture the essence of Spring's history and culture. Finally, photographers should explore the town around the museum, where they will find many historic buildings and landmarks that offer great photo opportunities. Overall, the Spring Historical Museum is a perfect destination for any photographer interested in exploring the rich history and culture of Spring, Texas.
Nearby Festivals and Events
As a photography enthusiast, you might be interested in exploring new locations to capture some incredible shots. If you happen to be in Spring, Texas, don't forget to check out the Spring Historical Museum. But it's not just the museum that you should be excited about. This area hosts many annual events and festivals that offer unique photo opportunities. Here is a list of some of the most popular events and festivals in Spring, TX.
- Haunted Trail (October): A spooky trail that takes you deep into the woods for a thrilling experience that is sure to produce some thrilling photos.
- Holiday in the Park (November - December): A holiday-themed event that decorates the entire town with dazzling lights and ornaments.
- Spring Crawfish Festival (April): A celebration of crawfish with live music, carnival rides, and plenty of tasty crawfish to feast on while snapping some delicious-looking photos.
- Memorial Day Service (May): An annual event where the community comes together to honor and remember the fallen soldiers with a patriotic ceremony.
- Summer Nights (June - August): An event that transforms the entire water park into a colorful, glowing oasis that is perfect to capture stunning neon light photography.
- Texas Renaissance Festival (October - November): A deeply immersive experience that takes you back in time to medieval Europe for some exquisite photography of costumed performers and historical architecture.
Whether you're a seasoned photographer or just starting, Spring, TX, has plenty of events and festivals that you don't want to miss. So why not visit the Spring Historical Museum and experience the town's culture and history first-hand while getting some incredible shots?
HoustonPhotowalks Events Held at this Location
- Old Town Spring – Home for the Holidays
(November 23, 2019)
- Photowalk: Scott Kelby’s Worldwide Photowalk, Old Town Spring
(October 5, 2019)
- Photowalk: Old Town Spring – Scott Kelby’s 8th Annual Worldwide Photowalk
(October 1, 2016)
Contact403 Main St
Spring, TX 77373
(38.9 mi / 43 mins)
- Sunday: 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Point of Interest
- Tourist Attraction
Season to VisitSome places are best to visit in certain seasons:
- I Heart Cameras (0.07 miles)
- Dennis Johnston Park (1.04 miles)
- Texas Axe Throwing (1.71 miles)
- Friends Of Mercer Botanic Garden - The Mercer Society (3.71 miles)
- Mercer Botanic Gardens (3.71 miles)
- Gateway Classic Cars Of Houston (4.67 miles)