DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston DowntownFinancial district hotel connected to the Allen Center with modern rooms & all-day Southern dining.
Located in the heart of Houston's bustling downtown area, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown offers a prime spot for capturing some of the city's most iconic urban scenes through a photographer's lens. The hotel's address at 400 Dallas St, Houston, TX, 77002 is just steps away from the city's popular Buffalo Bayou Park, where urban landscapes blend seamlessly with natural beauty. Within the park, photographers can snap photos of the stunning views of the Houston skyline, the colorful Waugh Drive Bat Colony, and the iconic "Houston" sign. The location also offers easy access to the city's most popular museums and galleries, such as the Houston Museum of Natural Science and the Menil Collection, where visitors can find some of the best photo opportunities and capture Houston's unique art and culture scenes.
What to Photograph
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown offers a plethora of unique and interesting subjects to capture through your lens. This location is a perfect blend of modern architecture and timeless beauty. The interior is spacious and features a grand lobby, which has been designed to offer unobstructed views of the city. You can capture the elegant chandeliers, intricately designed columns, and the abundance of natural light that fills the space. Outside, the hotel is surrounded by beautiful urban landscapes and picturesque city views that offer a variety of opportunities for street and cityscape photography. Additionally, the hotel's rooftop pool presents an opportunity to capture stunning skyline views of Houston, making it a must-visit destination for any photographer exploring the city.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown is a historic landmark in Houston, Texas. The building was originally constructed in 1926 as the Texas State Hotel and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The hotel has undergone extensive renovations over the years to preserve its historic charm while offering modern amenities to its guests. The location makes for a great spot for photographers to capture both the history and beauty of downtown Houston.
For photographers visiting the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, there are some interesting secrets about the location worth noting. The hotel is conveniently located near many popular Houston attractions such as Minute Maid Park, the Toyota Center, and the George R. Brown Convention Center. Additionally, the hotel is home to its own unique features such as stunning chandeliers in the lobby and a rooftop pool that offers panoramic views of the city. Photographers can also capture the hotel's historic architecture and interior design elements such as the elegant staircase with wrought iron railings and original tile work.
Nearby Festivals and Events
Are you a photography enthusiast visiting Houston, TX? DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown is the ideal location for you as it is surrounded by an array of annual events and festivals that offer wonderful photography opportunities.
Check out our list of events happening near our location:
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo: Held annually in February or March, this event is Houston's largest entertainment event comprising of rodeo, concerts, carnival, and much more, with numerous opportunities for action-packed and colorful photography.
- Art Car Parade: Held in April, this parade features creatively decorated cars and bikes, making it a great platform for capturing stunning, unique shots.
- Houston Asian American Pacific Islander Film Festival: With a mission to elevate the voices of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in cinema, this festival presents opportunities for photographing unique moments during film screenings, panel discussions, etc.
- Houston Pride Parade: Held annually in June, the Houston Pride Parade is one of the largest pride events in the country celebrating the LGBTQ+ community and offering opportunities for colorful and celebratory photography.
- Texas Renaissance Festival: Held annually on weekends from September to November, the renaissance festival brings medieval times to life with jousting, feasting, and elaborate performances, offering great photographic opportunities.
- Nutcracker Market: Held annually in November, this market features over 270 vendors selling gifts and holiday decorations, making it a perfect opportunity to capture the festive beauty of the holiday season.
With so many events and festivals happening throughout the year, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown is the perfect location for photography enthusiasts looking to capture unique and memorable moments.
HoustonPhotowalks Events Held at this Location
- Seminar: 5-Hour Creative Design Workshop with Judy Host
(July 26, 2012)
Contact400 Dallas St
Houston, TX 77002
(17.8 mi / 27 mins)
- Point of Interest
Season to VisitSome places are best to visit in certain seasons:
- The Heritage Society Museum at Sam Houston Park (0.1 miles)
- Houston Public Library (0.14 miles)
- Julia Ideson Building (0.14 miles)
- Sam Houston Park (0.16 miles)
- Location TBD (0.2 miles)
- Hermann Square (0.2 miles)
- Houston Police Museum (0.26 miles)
- Tranquillity Park (0.26 miles)
- Houston Art Car Parade (0.3 miles)
- Sabine Promenade (0.33 miles)
- Bethel Church Historic Site (0.34 miles)
- Sabine Street Bridge (0.35 miles)
- Veterans Day Parade (0.37 miles)
- Downtown Houston Tunnel System (0.37 miles)
- Niels Esperson Building (0.38 miles)
- Art Blocks at Main Street Square (0.39 miles)
- Bombay Pizza Co. (0.4 miles)
- Bayou Music Center (0.4 miles)
- Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern (0.43 miles)
- Alley Theatre (0.46 miles)
- Houston Fire Station 8 (0.46 miles)
- Sesquicentennial Park (0.55 miles)
- Nau Family Pavilion (0.56 miles)
- St. Joseph Catholic Church (0.56 miles)