Dewberry FarmFarm attraction with seasonal events such as Easter egg hunts, corn mazes & holiday light displays.
Located just a short drive from Houston, Dewberry Farm is a one-of-a-kind destination for photography enthusiasts. This sprawling farm covers 100 acres of gorgeous countryside, with plenty of open fields, towering trees, and charming farm structures that are perfect for capturing stunning images. As you explore the property, you’ll be surrounded by the sights and sounds of the farm, making for an immersive photography experience you won’t soon forget. Whether you’re looking for the perfect spot to capture family portraits, engagement photos, or simply want to snap some beautiful images of the Texas landscape, Dewberry Farm is the perfect destination for photographers of all skill levels.
What to Photograph
For photography enthusiasts, Dewberry Farm offers a wide variety of interesting subjects to capture. The farm's picturesque landscapes provide an excellent backdrop for nature photography. From the golden fields of corn to the lush pumpkin patches, the farm offers a perfect opportunity to capture the beauty of nature. Visitors can also capture vibrant images of farm animals such as goats, horses, and pigs, as well as the playful antics of kids enjoying the various activities. With the farm's rustic decor and vintage vibe, capturing unique and charming shots is a given. Additionally, the farm becomes particularly magical during the holiday season when it transforms into a winter wonderland with twinkling lights, and a visit to the farm during this period undoubtedly offers endless opportunities to capture the perfect family photo amidst the decorations.
Dewberry Farm has a rich history that dates back to the 1800s. Originally, the site served as a working farm and cattle ranch for John Dewberry and his family. The property continued to be passed down through generations of the Dewberry family until 2002, when it officially became Dewberry Farm, a seasonal attraction for families to enjoy. Despite the many changes the property has undergone over the years, Dewberry Farm has always remained dedicated to preserving a sense of community and celebrating the beauty of the Texas countryside.
For photographers looking to capture stunning images at Dewberry Farm, there are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind. First and foremost, timing is key. The farm is only open seasonally, typically from mid-September through early November, so it's important to plan your visit accordingly. Additionally, there are several designated photo areas throughout the property, such as the picturesque sunflower fields and the towering corn maze. Be sure to also take advantage of the many activities and attractions at Dewberry Farm, as they offer unique opportunities to capture candid, fun-filled photos of families and children. Finally, don't be afraid to get creative with your shots - there are countless beautiful backdrops to choose from at Dewberry Farm, so experiment with different angles, lighting, and compositions to create truly unique and stunning photographs.
Nearby Festivals and Events
As a photography enthusiast, you'll be glad to know that Dewberry Farm is not just a pumpkin patch and corn maze destination, but also a hub for exciting events and festivals held throughout the year. Here's a list of the annual events and festivals that you can attend and capture stunning pictures:
- Spring Season (March – May) – Each weekend, Dewberry Farm invites visitors to enjoy their Spring season events, which includes berry picking, wildflowers, and a farmer's market.
- Spring Flower Festival (April) – A celebration of springtime, featuring more than 500,000 blooming flowers, live music, and photo ops at the farm's picturesque Lake Catherine.
- Sunflower Festival (August – September) – Over 25 acres of sunflowers in full bloom marks the arrival of late summer at Dewberry Farm. Visitors can take pictures and enjoy the towering stalks of sunflowers that range over six feet tall.
- Pumpkin Patch Festival (October) – This festival is the highlight of the year at Dewberry Farm. Thousands of pumpkins, six different mazes, and spooky trails make this one of the best events of the year.
- Christmas Season (November – December) – Dewberry Farm goes all-out during Christmas, with tractor-drawn wagon rides, Christmas tree cutting, and visits with Santa Claus. The farm is a winter wonderland during this time of year.
Regardless of the time of year, Dewberry Farm has festivals and events worth attending, giving you plenty of opportunities to capture memories with your camera. So pack your bags, get your camera ready, and head out to Dewberry Farm to enjoy these exciting events.
HoustonPhotowalks Events Held at this Location
- Family Event: Dewberry Farms
(October 9, 2010)
Contact7705 FM 362
Brookshire, TX 77423
(35.3 mi / 43 mins)
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Sunday: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Point of Interest
Season to VisitSome places are best to visit in certain seasons: