Ant Street InnRefined hotel in a 19th-century building featuring elegant rooms, plus free breakfast & ice cream.
Located in the historic downtown area of Brenham, Texas, Ant Street Inn provides visitors with an excellent opportunity for capturing some of the town's charming architecture and local culture. Established in 1899, the inn was previously home to a saddle and harness shop, and now blends classic charm with modern amenities. Within walking distance of various local restaurants, shops, and attractions, Ant Street Inn provides photography enthusiasts with a prime location to capture images of small-town life. The inn's picturesque exterior, made up of white clapboard and a wrap-around porch, provides an excellent backdrop for portraits or exterior shots. Additionally, the antique furnishings and light fixtures inside the inn provide excellent subject matter for capturing close-up, detail-oriented shots. Overall, Ant Street Inn serves as the perfect hub for photographers looking to capture the essence of small-town Texas culture.
What to Photograph
The Ant Street Inn in Brenham, TX, is a beautiful location for photographers looking to capture the charm of small-town America. Situated in the historic district of Brenham, the Ant Street Inn is surrounded by stunning architecture and unique landmarks. Photographers will love the opportunity to capture the beauty of the inn, which has been fully restored to its original 1899 grandeur. The richly decorated interior offers ample opportunities for creative portraits or candid shots of guests relaxing in the common areas. The Inn's outdoor courtyard is also a unique feature perfect for capturing the vibrant colors of garden blooms. If you're a photographer in Brenham, TX, make sure not to miss this one-of-a-kind location!
The Ant Street Inn in Brenham, Texas, boasts a rich history dating back to the 1800s. Originally built as a mercantile store in the mid-1800s, the building was sold a few times before being converted into a hotel in 1920. The hotel went through several owners and renovations over the years until being bought by the current owners in the late 1990s. Today, the Ant Street Inn is a popular destination for travelers seeking the charm of a small-town B&B with all the modern amenities. Its roots are reflected in the antiques throughout the inn and the carefully preserved architecture.
For those interested in photography, the Ant Street Inn has several interesting features that make for great shots. The hotel's Victorian-era lobby is full of ornate details and antique furnishings that photographers will appreciate. The outdoor courtyard, complete with a fountain and landscaping, offers a peaceful setting for portraits and still life shots. Guests who book the Carriage House Suite can even take advantage of a private balcony that overlooks Brenham's historic downtown area. Whether you're an amateur or professional photographer, the Ant Street Inn is a picturesque location that won't disappoint.
Nearby Festivals and Events
For photography enthusiasts visiting or planning to stay near Ant Street Inn in Brenham, TX, there are plenty of events and festivals throughout the year that offer great opportunities for capturing stunning photos. Here are some annual events and festivals near Ant Street Inn:
- Hot Nights, Cool Tunes - July: A summer concert series in downtown Brenham featuring live music by popular Texas bands.
- Independent Market - April and November: An outdoor market in downtown Brenham featuring local vendors selling handmade goods, vintage items, and artisanal products.
- Brenham Maifest - May: A German-themed festival in downtown Brenham featuring live music, food and drink vendors, and carnival rides.
- Brenham Fine Arts League Art Stroll - February and September: A walking tour of downtown Brenham art galleries and studios featuring local artists and photographers.
- Chappell Hill Bluebonnet Festival - April: A two-day festival in nearby Chappell Hill featuring arts and crafts vendors, live music, and a parade.
- Burton Cotton Gin Festival - April: A vintage festival in nearby Burton celebrating the town's cotton gin history with live music, food vendors, and antique car show.
These are just a few of the many events and festivals in the area that offer great photo opportunities for visitors and photographers alike. Make sure to plan your trip accordingly to take advantage of these unique events and capture amazing photos that will last a lifetime.
HoustonPhotowalks Events Held at this Location
- Brenham Murals
(April 29, 2023)
Contact107 W Commerce St
Brenham, TX 77833
(73.1 mi / 1 hour 15 mins)
- Sunday: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Point of Interest
Season to VisitSome places are best to visit in certain seasons:
- Underground Cisterns in Toubin Park, Brenham (0.03 miles)
- Brenham (0.07 miles)
- Park Street Bakery (0.07 miles)
- Washington County Courthouse (0.08 miles)
- Palettes and Pairings (0.13 miles)
- Brenham Heritage Museum (0.16 miles)
- Public Parking Lot D (0.17 miles)
- City of Brenham - Fireman's Park (0.49 miles)
- City of Brenham - Flying Horses Carousel (0.54 miles)
- Giddings Stone Mansion (1.22 miles)
- From the Ground Up (2.5 miles)