- This event has passed.
Virtual Photowalk: Bluebonnets near Brenham (March through early April)
March 27 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We can’t meet up for our annual flower-seeking group this year. But we also don’t want to miss the opportunity to shoot 2020 Bluebonnets and wildflowers. It’s just going to be more of an on-your-own, social distance type of social event.
So check the map link below and go shoot whichever day works best for you. Avoid crowds, wash your hands, stay home if you have a cough or fever.
Flowers have ALREADY started to show up, so check out the map created by Brenham area flower spotters! The best time to shoot is from now until maybe early April. They don’t last long, so get out there, get out of the house a little bit, and enjoy generating some vitamin D and photos.
WILDFLOWER WATCH 2020 WEBSITE:
Some things to keep in mind this year:
• Some areas may still have a crowd over the weekend. Remember to be safe, keep your health in mind, and respect local orders. Non-weekend days may be less crowded.
• Be prepared to eat in your car or at a park, all restaurants are closed to inside traffic. So head out with some paper towels, small trash bag, and plastic spoons and forks.
• SUPPORT BRENHAM RESTAURANTS by ordering something “to go”.
• Bring bug spray
• Leave Houston with a full tank of gas, consider filling up on the way back home.
• Keep that cell phone charged
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF ALL LANDOWNERS – IF THERE IS A FENCE, DO NOT CROSS IT. DO NOT HARASS ANY ANIMALS. BE A POLITE DRIVER. AND WHEN STOPPING FOR PHOTOS, PULL AS FAR IN TO THE SIDE AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID A WRECK.
Starting right now, feel free to post your 202 Bluebonnet and Wildflower photos to Facebook and this page.