- This event has passed.
Class: Black and White Photography, editing with Photoshop and Lightroom
April 10 @ 7:07 pm - 9:27 pm
NEW CLASS! In this class, we will look at various methods to create black and white images from our photographs. We’ll talk about visualizing the photo before we take it, and the different genres of black and white imagery (yep, there’s more than just one!). Then we will work on Photoshop and Lightroom editing skills.
– Why produce black & white images?
– Why “difficult” shooting weather days are a great B&W day
– Editing with Lightroom
– Editing in Photoshop
– Correcting artifacts and unwanted “halos”
– Using Photoshop’s Stamp tool to create contrast
– Working with Photoshop’s B&W Adjustment layers
– Maximizing contrast and details
– Using noise to your advantage — or adding noise for texture
This class will be via zoom, will last about 2 hours, and people can stay afterward for Q&A. Class PowerPoint will be made available to those who attend the zoom class in person and email me a request for it (sorry Meetup email doesn’t allow file attachments).
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Have a question? Check the FAQ first, and then *PRIVATELY* contact the organizer *BEFORE* posting comments. The organizer may not be available online (email/texts/comments) during and prior to the event. So get any questions to the organizer early.