- This event has passed.
Class: Introduction to Flash (Speedlight) Photography
June 22 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Following the HPW 10th Anniversary Celebration, a number of people asked if a class on the basics of flash photography could be provided. That’s what this class is all about.
If you have a flash, and really don’t know what to do with it –
If you’re thinking of getting a flash, and want to know how to get more out of it –
If you want to produce great portraits with just one flash – this class is for you.
Our class will cover the following:
• Flash overview – so what does this thing really do?
• On-camera flash – how to achieve a pleasing image with your flash attached to the camera
• Flash to Subject Distance – how it affects your image
• Getting your flash off the camera – suggested gear
• How shutter, aperture and ISO affects flash
• Camera and flash settings
• Test shots and reading your histogram
• Using off camera flash outdoors
• What a second flash can be used for and how to set it up
What to bring:
• Notepad and something to write with
• Your camera, flash, modifiers and triggers (if you have them)